Heros Of Many
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

basic guide to power-trading

2 posters

Go down

basic guide to power-trading Empty basic guide to power-trading

Post  Runner Elite Xlll Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:17 am

Hey everyone, I decided to help you out with making some money by teaching you the basics of power-trading. Hopefully it will allow some of you to get the items you never thought you could afford like it did for me and a lot of others. If anyone has any more to add to the guide feel free as it will be helpful for others and I guarantee I will forget some useful info..

What is power trading?

A simple way to sum this up would be 'buy low and sell high'. For example you could search kamadan's trades for some good deals and sell them on, however you may never find this great dealI prefer to be a middle man: I buy materials cheap, and make them into a lot more expensive items.

Power-trading requires money. I would at least have 100-200k to start if you can. If not there may be faster ways of making money.

Knowing the market

This is THE most important part of power-trading. Knowing the market is what allows you to make good deals and make the most profit.. And to avoid looking like an idiot for selling way below the value of your goods.

To learn the market spend some time in kamadan/looking at Argos-soft.net. This allows you to see what is happening now. It is also a good idea to keep and eye on gw news to avoid buying items which will soon drop in price, such as event items.

Choosing the item to powertrade

It is incredibly important that the item(s) you choose to power-trade have a good profit margin, it isn't worth spending hours of trading to make a couple k, there are faster ways of making money if that's the case. Try and find something that is worth spending time for. It doest have to be 1 big item, it could be many smaller quick to sell items.

It is also important that the items you sell are in demand, something that a lot of people will need or want. There is little point if your goods are only wanted by one person once a week, unless that item makes you a lot of money.

Spend some time looking for items to sell, and try not to stick to one item as markets change and can really make you lose a lot of money. There is less risk if you spread your money around.

Finding your buyer

Most people trading spend hours in kamadan, it is a great place to sell. However it is not the only place. To buy/sell items it is ALWAYS a good idea to move around different towns and districts. This does not mean spend hours in every outpost!! The time you spend in places should reflect the number of potential customers in a town. If there are not many people around, spam 1 message and then move on to the next town or district. Places like kamadan you can stay for a bit longer and spam the message a little more.

I've noticed that people tend to go to kamadan to sell anything and everything, but in EotN they tend to stick to items which go in the HoM. This could be a good place to look if you are selling these kind of items.

Getting your items

Buying your items can take a while, and requires you to have some money before you start trading.

When purchasing your items (such as materials) try to always buy in bulk, as it will sometimes allow you to make some good deals.

But wait!!! For the first time trading only buy enough to test the current market, there is no point in buying 100s of items that will take a week or 2 to sell!

The deal

When trading you usually have a set price in your mind you want for your items. Personally I will lower the price if asked a little if it means I can sell faster. However always sell for a profit which is worth the time. I don't think waiting an extra couple of hours is worth 5k extra on a trade for something that makes me 35k profit. I prefer a quick turnaround of goods for quick profit.

I know others might not agree with me here and prefer to sell for the set price and not move at all, sometimes I've done the same and explained to buyers why I can't lower the price and they buy it for the price advertised.

Risks

There are some risks with power-trading, you are spending your money on something which you might have to sell for a loss. If you know the market well enough these risks are very small.

I hope this guide will help some of you get into power trading and make some money Smile if you aren't sure if something is a good deal or not, CHECK. Don't guess and hope for the best. I've always got Argos-soft.net open checking prices.

If you have any questions or anything to add to this guide please feel free to post

Runner

Runner Elite Xlll
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

basic guide to power-trading Empty Re: basic guide to power-trading

Post  The One Mighty Mage Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Marvellous, such a guide!

For those looking to power trade with a relatively low starting budget: Power Trade Consets.

These consets (consisting of An Essence of Power, a Grail of Might and an Armor of Salvation) have to be made either in several EotN outposts or Embark Beach (which is obviously the best place to craft them) and require Rank 3 in the Asura, Deldrimor and Norn Title tracks.

To craft one full conset, you will need:
  • 750 gold
  • 100 Iron Ignots
  • 100 Piles of Glittering Dust
  • 50 Bones
  • 50 Feathers
  • 3 Skillpoints

Depending on the market, these items will cost you about 5k~8k (maybe more, maybe less) but if you buy in great numbers with players, you can easily save money on this.

After that, the consets as a whole, can be sold in either Temple of the Ages or Gate of Anguish for 10k, sometimes ranging to as much as 12k (if there's no supply, but a lot of demand). All of this in relatively low amount of time. If you would choose to sell them at 9k/conset you could sell a full stack (well, 3 stacks, technically) in a matter of a few hours.

There, that's my contribution. I do not do it myself, however, I have made several consets in the past, and noticed how cheap they were, compared to the prices demanded in ToA.
The One Mighty Mage
The One Mighty Mage
Necro Of The Coast

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Elite Xlll Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 am

i've been planning to try powertrading cosets because of the market changing on what i'm trading atm. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes Wink

Runner Elite Xlll
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Elite Xlll Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Runner Elite Xlll wrote:i've been planning to try powertrading cosets because of the market changing on what i'm trading atm. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes Wink

been trading them today, they seem to sell pretty quickly and easily. getting the mats can take a little while though if you have the same kind of luck as me -_-

Runner Elite Xlll
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  The One Mighty Mage Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 am

Well, consets are in very high demand, and logically, so are the materials.

However, even if you buy at the trader there is a profit margin, tho not as good when buying from other players, but that takes a lot more time.
The One Mighty Mage
The One Mighty Mage
Necro Of The Coast

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down